Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Best BOYZ II MEN song?

the ballad...

a lost art...

nothing beats the classic soulful cries of BOYZ II MEN.

but you can't leave a question unanswered. and so, best boys ii men song?

my initial thought was, i love the way "water runs dry" sounds..

But, there's no song more memorable than "End of the Road"... it's that last m&m in the bag, the final cool part of the pillow that lulls you to sleep, the slumber after staying up all night to finish the last paper to turn in before summer break... it's the perfect ending.. no other song sums up an experience like "end of the road"

And nobody perfected the "talk-in-the-middle-of-the-song" like BOYZ II MEN as featured in "One Bended Knee"... his deep sultry voice even turns me on

but alas, i don't know if any of those songs can compete with "i'll make love to you"... that was the first song i ever heard that was about sex. i remember me and my friends were listening to it and when i heard them sing "throw your clothes on the floor, i'm gonna take my clothes off too" i giggled.. and i didn't know what any of it meant, but i know it changed my life

the winner?

"A Song for Mama"... i know every artist busts out with a song for their mama and it's always heartwarming... but nothing should be able to compete with a sincere song about one's mama...

"....... loving you is like food to my soul"

1 comment:

burntoutgradstudent said...

does anyone else but me read this blog?
maybe mama does...=)