Saturday, September 27, 2008

love

love is only real when shared...

and in the past few weeks, nothing else could've felt more real... except for maybe the number i see when i stop onto a scale.. that number is not only Very real, but very Big.. haha..

and i only hope that i can give as much as i have received...

thanks for the food, encouragement, prayers, books, emails, food, cards, conversations, and food=)


at my church, one of the church members found out that i was leaving to go be a peace corps volunteer and she came and approached me.. and she told me that when she was in korea, peace corps volunteers came and helped out at the hospital. and it was a peace corps volunteer that inspired and encouraged her to go to nursing school in the states, and so she came to america and became a nurse. and she told me that she wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the peace corps volunteers that she met in korea. she said she was proud of me and was happy for me.

and that reminded me of the kind of difference i could make. sure i'm not going to change the whole country around, but if i could affect at least one person's life.. i'll be happy.

and so now, i go and hope that i can make a difference...

"with my own.. with my own two hands..." - ben harper

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like little bae has learned a lot from the papa bae, mama bae, and sis bae. Only wish that my bae like this full and happy.

burntoutgradstudent said...

L-O
L-O
L-O-V-E!

you know, like the song.
your heart hurts b/c it's full.
like a full stomach.

noona loves you so so much,
noon.
are you taking a camera w/you??