Thursday, January 22, 2009

Iron Chef

on january 15, 2009, a little taste of korea landed in the heart of the 'bique. second only to comparable accomplishments of the human race such as the mona lisa, this delectable cuisine was also orchestrated by hands just as legendary. these hands aren't just for selecting fruit or flipping light switches, like da vinci's paintbrush these hands cooked up something priceless, a little taste of home.

with the help of mama bae i managed to cook up some bulgogi (delicious korean marinated beef, or pork in this case, pork freshly killed with the victim's head displayed on the table as proof) here in mozambique.

january 15 marks a life-defining moment. i no longer leave my food charred and inedible, but mouth-watering, satisfying, and absent only of leftovers.

yes, family, friends, and disbelievers, i can now make a decent meal.

mama, if only you could see your boy now

2 comments:

burntoutgradstudent said...

last night was the season premiere of LOST. one word: hurley.

Anonymous said...

Hi david,

you know I read your blog everyday, but I always forget to leave a comment. I hope that God is blessing your soul and your body ( i still wanna see that belly when you get back bc it better be six-pack right?). You know I thought nothing big would happen in two years but it only has been couple of months and so much has happened in my life. I wish I could tell you all about it like I have for the past 3 years of my life. Anyways, take care of yourself and you should know that if you mix onions with any kind of meat, it taste good.