Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Bae's: The Reality Show

I finished my work, had some din, came home and sat myself down in front of the tv while i basked in the dust i wiped off my shoulders after a productive day in the library. I tried to get my dose of scrubs, rob & BiG, and Flavor of Love 3, but got constantly interrupted by my sis. Apparently it's boring at home when there's no one to bother, i.e. me. She isn't graced with the privilege of having cable so i had to explain to her how ridiculous and humorous a show about a skinny white skater, his Big Ol' Black friend, and their escapades is. And then she thought out loud, "Dae, if we had a tv show, you think people would watch us?" hahaha..

... but then i got to thinking... what kind of show would me and my sister have? where's the drama? what kind of episodes would we have? what would make good tv.....

one time i was sitting at the computer doing my thing and my sister ran into the room and said, hey dae, look at feet.. and when i did, she turned around and farted in my face... that's a good 10 second intro to a show... in the next scene we'll probably finding something to eat in the kitchen and then the next star of the show, mama bae, would walk in. she'd say "oh, today's weather is wonderful, two-derful, three-derful"... i still wonder where she picked that up. then papa bae would come in, get a tooth pick, stare outside, and that'd be the end of that.

after the character introductions, we'd get ready to leave. whereto, don't know. all we know is that we can't stay in the house. i'd wait 30 min. for my sister to put her face on, give her my opinion on what shirt to wear, what shoes to wear, and which socks to wear. then we'd say bye to mama and i'd say "keep it real", she'll give me a funny look not knowin whether or not i made fun of her or complimented her. then we'd dip out, she'll talk her head off while i try to enjoy the music which i have to turn off b/c it gives her a headache like everything else that makes noise or stands still.

actualy... this show would suck... it'd just be 30 min of my sis asking me questions ranging from "how much memory does my computer have and is it enough?" to "how do you lose weight?" and i'll just be too tired and annoyed to respond to the same question i've heard for the 80th time.

basically, we'd both end up watching that episode of ourselves and think, man, what's wrong with that person.

cause honestly, who's completely satisfied with themselves? it doesn't matter if you have the face of charlize theron, the like-ability of george clooney (girls want him, guys can hang out with him), or the soul of ghandi. there's always something that you can find about yourself that you want to fix.

hmm... if i saw myself on tv i'd say.. "that guy needs to be more patient and more loving. zoning someone out isn't being tolerable, it's being a jerk. can't listen for just 10 minutes? and i mean, i know he knows he loves 'em, but he doesn't say it or show it enough. what a selfish bastard. and it's not like he's busy 24/7. he's got plenty of time, just needs to actually do something with it. i bet, if he really put his mind to something, he could do it and not half-ass it like he usually does. man, he's lucky, and he doesn't even know it."

hello mirror. i don't know whether to thank you or shake my head at you. but there's nothing like a good dose of the truth.

"all of the words in all of my life...."- kutless

No comments: