Monday, September 22, 2008

recap

hmm... obviously i'm not so good at this blogging thing. then again, what's the point of doing a blog when nobody reads it right? haha.. thanks noon, and youngmi, and the other random people who for some crazy reason actually read this...

lets rewind a bit.

ok. so, last semester of college was bittersweet. relaxed, hung out, and then worked my butt off. i spent my birthday in the library trying to do a year's worth of work in a month. But finished my thesis and so i celebrated by going to ac. won about $300. spent a week at the beach. graduated. got an award For my thesis and got $50 Cash Money, Holler. spent three weeks studying for lsats. took it and got a lower score than i did the first time i took it. left for europe the next day. flew into zurich, then went to prague, berlin, amsterdam, brussels, paris, biarritz, madrid, barcelona, nice, and then flew out of zurich. during the three weeks i lost my camera, slept next to a smelly german on a train, my train pass was "not valid", found out how different and delicious real belgian waffles are, found out how good european beer actually is, found out that i am fat compared to 99% of the european population, french people really are more beautiful than us and dress better than us, hung out with a reality tv star for a day, slept in a bathroom, saw the spanish national team in madrid after they won the eurocup, churros in spain are served with a cup of chocolate and yes it is as good as it sounds, went to a market where they sell goat heads, fell in love with kabobs, and realized that if i ever come back to europe, i am Not going to go there with dudes. the whole place is way to beautiful and romantic to spend it alone. after europe, i came back, went to robert and tammy's beautiful wedding, danced with fobber, went to colorado for a week for KASe, spent two weeks in nova doing nothing but eating, watching movies, and eating some more and slowly watched as me and youngmi got fatter. then i spent a week and a half in new york where i continued my habit of overeating and rekindled my love with karaoke, then i finally came home. helped out with my youth group. got all of the kids to cry on the last night (Great success). and then continued my habit of overeating while staying at home. went to smith mountian lake for a week with family. then saw friends at uva and nova again. and now i'm back at home.

Which brings me back here to the present. where i am continuing my habit of overeating. at the end of the summer, i am officially now 210 pounds of good-lookin. you can't get any better lookin than this.

and now on the 28th of this month, i'll be leaving for Mozambique as a Peace Corps volunteer to teach English. i'll spend three months training which will consist of learning the culture, history, teaching skills, and portuguese. then i'll be sent to the place where i'll be stationed for 2 years. i guess more on that later.

but for a now, a picture is worth a thousand words right? and so, here are some pics from the last few months.

foxfields.

me and bear. 4 years of service right there. best of luck to ya with teach for america. hope you don't get your car stolen by a 12 year old again. don't forget balloons for lil wayne's bday.

last pic of the fam. i'm gonna miss our family dinners. maybe i'll come back and learn how to cook=)
needless to say... graduation
graduation dinner at maggiano's with the Lin family and friends. a meal to remember
at friday's after five. she's not grossed out by my 210 pounds of good looking=)
ac with jimbo and chris jenne. hope you're enjoying life in the midwest munchin on corn everyday.
me, danny, bryan, chris, and joe in front of what's left of the berlin wall.
me and joe's couple pic in front of the eiffel tower. i heart you joe.
spent the day at the palace of versailles with a reality tv star? apparently, there's a show called sunset tan on the E channel and on it are these girls called the "olly" girls because one's holly and one's molly. the girl on the left is molly and the girl on the right is her best friend. and man, they are just as stupid in real life as they are on tv.
joe sleepin in bathroom
me sleepin in bathroom. we had a "pursuit of happiness" moment.
what we woke up to. really beautiful beach.
day after spain won the eurocup.
they love their soccer. and chants.
how they eat churros in spain. my mouth is watering. yes, that's a cup of chocolate. i gained 5 pounds that night.
people we met and hung out with in barcelona. i don't know remember any of their names. all of their names ended with an "a" though, so i just mumbled something like, hola mmgmmg-A.
last night in barcelona with people that we met.
nice, france. it's a stone beach and not sand. stones hurt
nice, france againok, so the story is that my friend was in some store and saw the picture on the right on the cover of some book or magazine. she posted it on fb and i was like, when did i take this picture? but no, it's not me, but some guy that looks Just like me. she took a pic of me in colorado and the resemblance is uncanny. after this, i wonder if my mom has been completely honest with me. He EVen has my Weird Asain HaiR. weiiird.

Basically, just a group of pretty good lookin people chillin in georgetown.

look at that brute i caught. i love fishinat robert and tammy's wedding. lookin good pete. you too hannah.
before: me and my sis at sungho's wedding.

after: my sis saying bye to me. look how sad she is that i'm leaving. hahaha.. i'm gonna miss you too noon=)
last family pic.

"i bless the rains down in africa... gonna take some time to do the things we never had"
-toto, "africa"

2 comments:

burntoutgradstudent said...

i look hurt.
like someone punched me hurt.
there was a globe at the cafe where i was studying this afternoon.
saw mozambique & teared up.
stupid far country. i mean, ocean. stupid big ocean.

Jenny Han said...

oh baby boy. i shall miss you. may God bless you and keep you in Africa!